be happy





Summer

Summer

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Hussein Obama

I had chills as I watched our new president being sworn in. This was quite a surprise to me, I didn't think I would be affected by it, but I was.

I hurried my class in from recess so they could be a part of history and watch the swearing in of President Obama. As I was trying to get them in the room and seated to watch I said, "You need to hurry so we can watch the swearing in of the new president!" I then heard these comments... "The president swears?" "My Mom doesn't like me to say bad words." "I don't think I'm suppose to watch swearing on TV." I smiled and then explained what "swearing in" means.

I may not agree with the President on all of his political views, but there are things I like about him. I like that he seems so personable. I like the way he looks at his wife. I like the way he speaks of his children. I like the way he and his wife banter back and forth in interviews...they seem real. I like his rags to riches story. I may not agree with all of his political views, but there are things I like about our new President!

0 comments: