I had one of those mornings you just want to crawl back in bed and throw the covers over your head. This is what happened... (Preface Kurt had an automatic car starter installed in our car so I could get it heated up and the windows defrosted before I bring AJ out in the morning. I also had committed to stop at the cookie outlet and pick up gingerbread man cookies)
I woke up a little after 6am, fed AJ, did the dishes and got ready for work. All was going well then... I went to start the car to defrost our windows. Pushed the little red button and it would start and then turn off. I tried this about 3 times until I figured it was not going to work so I better get a move on so I have time to sit in the driveway with AJ while it warms up. I went to put AJ in the car seat and could smell he left a surprise for me, so I changed his poopy diaper then put him in his car seat but when I went to tighten his buckles he spit up all over his PJ's and car seat. The poor kid,I just looked at him and said sorry but I don't have time to change you. I wiped him off the best I could grabbed a new set of PJ's and we were out the door. We sat in the driveway waiting so I could see out the front window and then we were off. Only to go down the street a few blocks and get stuck at a RR crossing.
When the train finally cleared we were off to the cookie outlet. I pulled in and found out they had moved locations. After asking where building 5 was we were off again. I found the new location and we purchased a box of 120 cookies for $5! Great deal by the way! I put the box of cookies on the front seat and we were back on the road a few blocks down the street a guy cut me off I had to slam on the brakes and of course the cookies went flying off the seat. I guess the kids at school will have broken gingerbread men!
We finally arrived at my parents, I brought in AJ, his bottle and the new PJ's wished my mom a Happy Birthday and was back in the car. By this time it is about 8:10, I am suppose to be at work at 8:10. I called my colleague and asked her to open my door and let the kids in because I would be late. As I was approaching the freeway entrance my low fuel light came on! UGH! This being a new car for us I didn't know how much farther I could go so I flipped a U-turn and went to the gas station. As I was filling up it dawned on me this is probably the reason the car starter didn't work.
After I filled up I quickly got back on the road. About 2 blocks away from work it dawned on me I didn't bring the diaper bag in to Mom and Dad's! I checked the back seat and sure enough there it was! Luckily though I had dropped off clean PJ's and I keep diapers and wipes at their house so it meant AJ would be in PJ's all day, but nothing to bad.
I finally arrived at school. It is now 8:35. I quickly grabbed everything I needed to take in and closed the door. As I closed the door everything I had in my hands fell to the ground! I wanted to just go back home!
The day did go better! May you have a limited amount of "one of those mornings!"
Saturday, December 6, 2008
One of those mornings
Posted by Anonymous at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That does sound like a horrible morning! Yes, those are the days I want to crawl back in bed too!
I have had some of those mornings before! I am glad you got to stay home today and have a relaxing morning at home.
What a horrible morning! It's so stressful when everything takes twice as long, especially when you're running late and have half the time. That's happened to me a lot lately- thank goodness for peaceful Christmas music!
Post a Comment