AJ is now officially ours according to the laws on earth and in Heaven! We had a glorious day! The day before we went to Kiddie Kandids and got AJ's pictures taken in his blessing outfit. My best girlfriend's Mom (Linnea's) made it out of my wedding dress. I was VERY pleased how it turned out. Then that night the Malmstrom family helped us set up tables and chairs and decorate for the next day. The stage was set for the next day.
The morning of the 31st Kurt, Jill, AJ and Opa left for the courthouse about 8:20. We were the first ones there, our lawyer came just a few minutes later. The guards at the door commented on AJ's attire, they were quite impressed with his shiny shoes! We had a great support group for the proceedings, the Judge even commented on how many were there to support us! Grandma and Grandpa Hislop, Teresa and Grace, Aunt Linda and Uncle Don, Barry and Joey, Jim and of course our Social Worker Cristina and our Lawyer Travis. Everything went pretty smooth. AJ jibber jabbered throughout the whole thing. It was pretty dang cute! Afterwards our attorney asked the judge if we could take pictures. So we did! Even though I knew AJ was ours from the moment the birth mother signed the papers, it was a RELIEF to have everything finalized.
We then had enough time to come home for a few minutes and eat and then we went to the temple. We had MANY more friends and family come with us to the temple. It is hard to express the feeling I had there. I feel so blessed.
After the temple we met back at the church and Kurt gave AJ a wonderful blessing. We then had lunch which consisted of soup, bread bowls, veggies and cookies. It was a GREAT day! AJ is now ours in every way!


5 comments:
He was so cute in the temple too! It was a good day.
Thanks for including me.
Lance burned the pictures on CD tonight. You can have them tomorrow if you want them.
Teresa
I am so happy for you! Wow! What a day! I imagine that was quite an emotional roller coaster for you. AJ is so stinkin' cute!! And your wedding dress was gorgeous (I'm jealous you're so skinny!!!).
Can we see more pictures of the temple day?? Please??
I'm quite relieved too! It's so exciting to get another cousin added to the posterity!!! Hooray for temples!
p.s. What a neat idea to use your wedding dress. I just might have to steal your idea in the future. :)
Post a Comment