be happy





Summer

Summer

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

I have always been a royal watcher.  I was in love with the idea that Lady Diana Spencer found the princeof her dreams and became a princess.  I remember being quite upset that we were on a family trip to Yellowstone and I was unable to watch the royal wedding.  I was crushed....maybe not crushed, but bruised when Princess Diana and Prince Charles ended their fairytale. (Apparently it wasn't quite a fairytale after all...more like a nightmare!)
Anyhow now many years later I had the opportunity to "attend" another royal wedding.


The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton took place on Friday, April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey and I had a front row seat.  I printed out the official program (only a few pages it was really long I didn't want to waste ink.) donned a beautiful gown (nightgown that is) and started to watch the festivities.  Although I felt a bit amiss because I was not wearing a hat.  So I found my wicker hat I purchased in Hawaii and decorated it with a wreath I had made at Kim's and felt very much part of the whole glorious day!

Kurt woke up for work about 4:45 and came out, looked at me and busted up laughing.  I may have looked a little funny sitting their watching it all, but I was very happy!  He went and got the camera so I decided to post them.  I don't know how many people did not go to bed that night and watched everything, but I do know I was not the only one!  I had several members of my family call me and tell me they thought of me as they saw clips on the news.  I don't think many were surprised I stayed up all night so I wouldn't miss anything!  When talking with my friend Linnea she said if she would have lived near here she would have totally dressed up and come over and watched it with me!  I know she would have too!  To bad she lives in Virginia!

I wish The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge much happiness! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu fit right in! You look like you belong with them!
Jo Momma

kimM said...

Looks like a jolly ole time, bloody fabulous! Is your pram close by?