First off let me say I would not normally leave a brand new, full jar of Vaseline in my son's bedroom. BUT he has been licking his skin around his mouth and it was getting all red so every time I changed his diaper I would put a bit of Vaseline around his mouth. That said...
AJ was suppose to be taking a nap, I had been downstairs working on some preschool stuff. When I came upstairs I heard noises coming from his room. When I went in to investigate the first thing I noticed was I stepped into something slimy. Then I looked over at AJ he had a grin from ear to ear and was obviously
| This shows just how thick it was all over! |
Have you ever tried to clean-up Vaseline? Not easy! I googled how to do it, but nothing worked very well. I gave him a peanut butter bath, but that didn't seem to work. I washed his hair with dish soap, but it still took 3 days until I could get it all out. The only thing it came out of great was his clothes, hot water and Charlie's Soap worked wonders! We had his carpet cleaned, but you can still see spots. I wiped everything down with a citrus solution, but it we could still feel the grease. It took about 3 times wiping it off and washing it down before everything seemed to come out.. I use everything very loosely because we are still finding little greasy spots around his room. Oh, the adventures we are looking forward to!

1 comments:
What a mess! Cameron use to get the marks around his mouth from licking his lips....Use Lansinoh. It is an ointment used by nursing mothers. I know you can get it at the stores. I put it on at night when he is sleeping and it works miracles. Tons better than vasaline. Good luck with that greasy stuff.
Post a Comment