Last year when we first moved in to our subdivision I was excited to live in a place where I thought we would pass out little neighbor gifts, but instead we were given an invitation to an adult only party to donate money for a needy family; in the invite it said that this is the new tradition for our subdivision in lieu of neighborhood gifts. It was all fine and dandy, but I kinda missed the little gifts. This year I asked about the get-together and was told it would be just before Christmas. Well, it turns out the ball was kind of dropped and everyone decided to do little gifts. Great! But I was not prepared! So I spent the last few days trying to put something together. I ended up making a little plate of cookies with some candies and giving a roll of Bounty paper towels with this saying... This season may the "absorbing" spirit of Christ "blot" out your problems, "soak up" your sorrows, and "wipe" away your difficulties and may the new year bring you "bounteous" blessings all the year through! I told John I thought I could almost get away with just giving out the paper towels. He adamantly disagreed and told me I shouldn't offend anyone with just paper towels they may think I think they need to clean their house. I laughed and laughed! When I read him the little note on the paper towels his comment was, I sure hope they read the note. I then explained my favorite neighbor gift so far was a roll of toilet with a paper with a cute poem. He smiled and still thought I needed to make sure and give the plate of cookies. Thursday, December 23, 2010
Neighbor Gifts
Last year when we first moved in to our subdivision I was excited to live in a place where I thought we would pass out little neighbor gifts, but instead we were given an invitation to an adult only party to donate money for a needy family; in the invite it said that this is the new tradition for our subdivision in lieu of neighborhood gifts. It was all fine and dandy, but I kinda missed the little gifts. This year I asked about the get-together and was told it would be just before Christmas. Well, it turns out the ball was kind of dropped and everyone decided to do little gifts. Great! But I was not prepared! So I spent the last few days trying to put something together. I ended up making a little plate of cookies with some candies and giving a roll of Bounty paper towels with this saying... This season may the "absorbing" spirit of Christ "blot" out your problems, "soak up" your sorrows, and "wipe" away your difficulties and may the new year bring you "bounteous" blessings all the year through! I told John I thought I could almost get away with just giving out the paper towels. He adamantly disagreed and told me I shouldn't offend anyone with just paper towels they may think I think they need to clean their house. I laughed and laughed! When I read him the little note on the paper towels his comment was, I sure hope they read the note. I then explained my favorite neighbor gift so far was a roll of toilet with a paper with a cute poem. He smiled and still thought I needed to make sure and give the plate of cookies. Posted by Jill at 12:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love that idea for neighbor gifts!!
Post a Comment