be happy





Summer

Summer

Monday, July 5, 2010

Soggy Salad

I made a salad that I was really excited to bring to the JCH family reunion. I had glazed the walnuts, crumbled feta cheese, cut up strawberries to just the right size... I had spend some time making this salad, it was not a last minute throw together type. Just before we left I added everything together and then I put it on ice to keep it nice and fresh. When we arrived at the reunion I was looking forward to having people taste my creation, but when I took the lid off it was a soggy mess! It looked TERRIBLE! It was nothing but a big glob of guk! I was so dissappointed! I wanted to just hide it, but then people would realize it was mine, so I just left it on the table. I don't think anyone tried it, I don't blame them, it looked awful! Well, I guess this is a live and learn lesson. Next time I will wait and mix it on site! I didn't take pictures, I guess I should have, but I did want to document this learning lesson!

0 comments: