I got my other epidural and I was coping, but the thought of it wearing off again scared me... and Kurt. I can not function without it. Even with it I was on pretty high dosage of medication... enough I could not drive. After consulting my family Dr. and a chiropractor they both recommended I have back surgery. The only problem, I couldn't get in with a surgeon until the end of August and that was with my Dr. making the appointment for me! This was a problem for 2 reasons, one, what if the epidural wore off before that? And two, my insurance ends the end of August, I needed to have had the surgery by then! Kurt suggested I call and ask if I could wait in the lobby and if a cancellation happened if I could get in. I thought what can it hurt so I called. The receptionist asked if I had done physical therapy and had epidurals when I told her I had she asked me where I got my MRI done. She told me the Dr. could access my MRI and they would get back to me within a week if the Dr. thought there was something he could do. This was on the morning of the 13th of July. The next day, I received a call from the surgeon's office and was asked if I could be up to his office by 1:00pm. So at 1:00 Kurt and I went and met with the surgeon. He said he could help and if the surgery worked it would give me immediate relief. We asked him when I could have surgery and he said, "Tomorrow." That SHOCKED us! I was NOT expecting to have surgery the NEXT day! Thanks to family and friend who made it possible for me to do it! I could not lift ANYTHING for 2 weeks. That meant I had to have help 24/7 so if Kurt was not home, family and friends stepped in to help.
The surgery was a success, I could tell it worked the night of the surgery. I had surgery pain, but the excruciating back pain was gone. The surgeon said my disc was bulging at a 8. 0 means no bulge, and 10 is it is all the way out, surgery was the way to go! So if you can't get in to see the Doctor ask if you can wait in the lobby, it worked for me!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Ask if you can sit in the Lobby
Posted by Jill at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment