Kurt and I have everything turned in for our next adoption. We had the paperwork done before our trip, but I didn’t get our profile done. On our trip Jason took some great family photos of us so when we arrived home I could get it all put together. Or I would be more accurate in saying… Having Kim put it together. I don’t know why but putting together the profile, picking out the pictures and the color scheme and then the whole layout of the profile itself is VERY INTIMIDATING to me! I want it to be just right so a birthmother will see it and think, “I want this family!” I guess I don’t have confidence in my decorating ability; I do however have a lot of confidence in Kim’s! She basically forced me to pick out the paper…Kurt, AJ and I went to Robert’s and I himmed and hawed over several different patterns, then I finally went with a grouping of papers that all had the same color scheme and some embellishments to match. I then went up to Kim’s and pleaded for her help. It took us one night to pick the pictures we wanted to use and get the writing printed off on the paper. The next night Wakely and Drew had invited the girl cousins over for a sleepover. I took all the girls and AJ to a park and out for ice cream while Kim perfected the layouts for the profile. Later that night I tried as best as I could to copy the pages she had done. (We need to turn in 3 copies of the same profile, one for the birth mom, one for the agency and one to be given back to us when we get our baby.) I didn’t leave until about midnight, but I left with all but the last page completely done, we decided to use different photos so I had to print them at Costco the next day and then finish up. When I turned it in, the social workers gushed over it. They commented on how well our last profile showed and this one looks just as good! THANK YOU KIM!!!!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
rumor has it that sister wives scrapbook too
Fingers are crossed and lots of prayers being said.
Kim makes me laugh!
Post a Comment