be happy





Summer

Summer

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

For the past few years I would skip sacrament meeting altogether, but today I stood up with a smile on my face as they were passing out the plants.

This is the first Mother's Day I have actually enjoyed in quite sometime. Mothers Day has been a holiday I dread for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE celebrating my Mom, but for years I have wanted to BE a mom and that dream just didn't seem within my grasp until a few years ago and then just when I thought it would all come together...again it seemed like my dream was being crushed. This all changed last year when we were blessed with our little boy. I LOVE being a mother! I love his laugh, his smile, his squeals of delight. I love to see him play with his toys and hit things together. I love it when he gives me a wet slobbery kiss and a hug. I love it when he is just waking up and he will snuggle into my shoulder and plays with my hair. I KNOW I am blessed to be a wife and a mother.

1 comments:

salgal said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!!!!