Today we were able to take Griffin to court at 10:00am and have his adoption finalized. It was a special court time because the Honorable Mark R. DeCaria was our judge. I was fortunate enough to be able to work as a nanny for Mark several years ago when his girls were young. He made some very nice comments about me during the proceedings. Our attorney Travis Marker, whom I used to babysit started out by asking us if we both agreed to these divorce proceedings. We told him NO, when he realized his mistake he turned beet red! He said he obviously does a lot more divorces than adoptions. Other than that the court time went off without a hitch. We are now officially a family of four!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations! What a wonderful day. (You are all color coordinated too!)
Very funny, the question Travis asked. He looks so much like Joy, I think. I don't think I have seen him for about 15 years.
Congratulations Kirt and Jill. Your family is so cute.
Post a Comment