I had a great time learning and helping out on doing my home makeover, but I guess I did a little too much. On the morning of the 24th when I went to get out of bed I couldn't without A LOT of pain! My epidural had worn off. I went to bed feeling pretty good and by the next morning my back was in so much pain I cried when I got out of bed. It was pretty bad. I didn't help much the next day, I could barely lift Griffin up to feed him. Kurt was out of town at the time so at night I was on my own. Before Kurt left he and I had moved Griffin from his crib to the bassinet because we could prop it up higher and it was easier for me to reach Griffin.
On Thursday night I was sleeping when I heard a crash and then heard Griffin crying. I knew immediately that what we had propped Griffin on must have moved and the bassinet must have fallen over and he had fallen out. My first thought was to get to Griffin, but when I went to stand up I immediately fell to the ground. The back pain was just to much to handle. All I can say is my motherly instinct took over and I knew I had to get to my baby! I crawled on my hands and knees down to his room and found him and loved him, I could not stand up to turn on the light so I felt around and could not feel any blood. I calmed him down and had barely enough strength to lift him into his car seat that happened to be in his room at the time. I knew I needed help. I crawled back to our bedroom and it took me a couple of times to pull the phone down to the floor where I could reach it. When I finally got the phone I called my mom. It was about 5:00AM by this time. My mom said she would be right over. (My Dad was also out of town.) Being at home alone I had locked all of the doors except the one from the garage to the house. I gave my mom the garage code and sat there and prayed Griffin would be alright. Being so early in the morning, my mom could not see the key pad to put in the right code, but then she used her phone as a flashlight and was able to come in, she came to check on me and I told her I was fine, but to check on Griffin. She went in and picked him up and brought him to me. He was fine. I was thankful! For those of you who don't know my mom has had back problems and uses a cane to get around so coming over to help me was not easy for her! THANKS MOM! Mom stayed with me until I could get up and walk around. The next night I had my niece stay overnight with me, but all was well. Then Kurt was home, I was SOOO happy to see him! Next step, call to see when I can have another epidural. UGH!


0 comments:
Post a Comment