be happy





Summer

Summer

Monday, March 29, 2010

CHANGE


I think I have mentioned this before, but change is hard for me. I have yet to have a major change in my life and adjust in the blink of an eye. Giving up my career has been VERY DIFFICULT. I really didn't think it would be that hard. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, but now that I really am I am finding it difficult to adjust. I know in time I will, but for the here and now it is difficult. I have given my all to my chosen profession and it's hard to walk away after 16 years. Although when Griffin smiles or AJ says something cute my heart melts and I know I am doing the right thing, it will just take time. Change always does for me.

Kurt knew I have been having a difficult time and being the sweet husband he is he brought me home some flowers. Thank you Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Mommo said...

It is not easy going from career to full time mom. I remember how lonely I felt being home with Erin all day and then feeling sort of guilty for my feelings. Get with other ladies and let kids play. Use the phone. I think one of the hardest parts when kids are so little and you are home with them 24/7 is lack of adult communication, especially after just leaving the work force and having that interaction every day. Call me....I am home. 937-867-1952 (new number by the way.)

dani said...

i remember feeling this way too. it is a strange feeling~your are so happy with your little ones, but your career is such a big part, and has been a big part of who you are, it is not easy to just leave it and not have any sad feelings. congrats on your new addition! your babies are beautiful! i like your buggy!

Emily said...

I had a hard time with it too. It is at times a lonely, thankless job. I get frustrated with my "job" many times, but taking it day by day is what has gotten me through...just think of all the firsts you'll get to witness, the many times of playing "good & bad guys" ahead, and the permanent bonds you're creating! You can do this!!! Don't forget to take some time for yourself too--a happy mommy is best for all!