I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything right now! We still do not have everything put away at our home, I don't have any pictures hung up. I am trying to pack up my classroom in hopes that the adoption goes through and we get to bring baby boy Gibson home. I was asked by my principal to find my own long-term sub because the district does not have any right now. I am writing daily lesson plans for the last 16 weeks of school. AJ has a cold. We are trying to find all of the newborn paraphernalia
and then we need to get the baby's room ready. Our social worker called me today at work right before the final bell and as a side note said, "Now you and Kurt know that there is always the possibility that the birth mother could change her mind and decide to keep the baby right?" Yes, I know that in my mind, but not in my heart. In my heart he is already ours! When I hung up I started to cry, it was all I could do to tell the kids to go sit in their cubbies and wait for the bell to ring. AGH! I want to cry or scream or yell! AGH!!!
As I was feeling this way I read on one of my friend's blogs what she had learned from Dr. Suess. I liked it! I feel the same way! She referred to the book titled, "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" it was the perfect reminder not to be sad and to be glad for all I DO have. I am truly blessed! Here are a few excerpts from this book in case anyone else is having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!
"...When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!
...It's a troublesome world, All the people who're in it
are troubled with trouble almost every minute.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot,
for the places and people you're lucky you're not!"
Thank you Dr. Suess for your great words of wisdom that cheered me up and helped me improve my outlook on this not-so-terrible, not-so-horrible, not-so-no-good, not-so -very-bad day!

1 comments:
Jill...I am so sorry for all that you are going through. It must be very difficult. I will keep you in my prayers that all will go through with the adoption and other things will fall into place. Hugs to you.
Post a Comment