I have some good news and some bad news. The good news I found out I am one of four finalists for the Teacher of the Year for the State of Utah. The bad news is that on the same day I found this out... I found 4 grey hairs!!! UGH!
Good news, I went down for the interview and its over! It was a good experience for me. I was interviewed by a committee of eight ( I think it was eight, they were all sitting around a table and I was quite nervous) and I answered the questions the best I could. A couple of them caught me off guard... such as, "If you are selected as teacher of the year for the state of Utah, you will be be speaking to teachers all over the state. What message will you share?" I felt like I was Miss America being asked about her platform. :) The interview was a great opportunity and I feel privileged to have had that honor.
Bad news I didn't win the state competition; although I still think being one of the top 4 in the state of Utah is something to be proud of. I received a call from the chair of the interview committee and was told they could not decide between the other 3 so they decided to give all of us $3,000! YEAH! Kurt and I go down for a banquet on the 6th of November.
I received a very nice letter from our district superintendent. In part he said, "You are a credit to the education profession. You represent your fellow teachers in an extraordinary way." Yes, after the reading the letter I had lot's of warm fuzzies!
Okay, that's enough of me tooting. Thanks for indulging my wanting to note this for history sake.

2 comments:
Congratulations on that great accomplishment!!! You deserve it.
Thanks for sharing. What a fabulous experience!!!
Post a Comment