be happy





Summer

Summer

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good-bye WSU 16th Ward

My last official duty in my calling was to go on a field trip down to the general RS meeting in SLC at the Conference Center. We had an adventure! One of the buses broke down so we had to squish together for half the ride. The meeting itself was great! The feeling is always amazing, Heavenly Father's spirit is so strong when you are in the presence of a Prophet of God.

I did not know it was my last official duty because we did this on Saturday evening and then I was release on Sunday morning. I have LOVED my calling and will miss it dearly. I will miss my girls and the other stake leaders I had the privilege of serving with. It's not often one looks forward to a monthly meeting, but I certainly looked forward to my stake meetings. They were true spiritual highs.

I am looking forward to going to church with Kurt again. Our new ward won't think he is a single father! :)

Update to this post... We went to our new ward for the first time. Everyone seemed nice and friendly. I don't think I made a very good impression in RS, AJ wanted to be on the move. At one point he got away from me and when I got up to get him he thought it was a game of chase so he started to RUN and GIGGLE. Good thing he's so dang cute! It may be a long 2 months until he can go to nursery! :)

0 comments: