be happy





Summer

Summer

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

RIP Ryker Rose



Kurt and I both shed tears today. About 2 weeks ago, we took Ryker into the Vet because she has been falling and her leg has been slipping out from under her. He gave us some RX and told us we should see a marked improvement within 3 days. We didn't see an improvement.
She has continued to get worse. In the past few days her leg/hip has been slipping more and more and she had even started to drag her leg sometimes. It was getting very difficult for her to go to the bathroom. Every time her leg would slip to the side you could see she was in pain. After much thought and prayer we decided the humane thing to do would be to let her go.

Last night I laid by her bed and cried and talked to her. I wanted to make sure she knew how much I loved her. She has been a great dog...a great friend. She has been there for me through good times and bad. I will miss my friend.

I scanned in some pictures from my scrapbook and then we took some today before we took her to the Vet.

Rest in Peace Ryker Rose
We love you! You will be missed!

3 comments:

salgal said...

So sorry again Jill. Those are cute pictures of Ryker as a puppy and then with A.J.

kimM said...

I thought it was sweet that as Wakely walked away from your car she had big tears in her eyes. Both girls have talked about Ryker today.

Emily said...

So sorry to hear about Ryker. :(