I just love the sounds & smells of babies. AJ makes the cutest sounds while he is sleeping. Sometimes it sounds like little squeaks and other times it sounds like he is making short humming sounds...Hummm, Hummm, Hummm. I had forgotten how good babies smell (for the most part) I love to just cuddle up with my boy and take a big whiff!
I stopped by Harmon's grocery store yesterday and saw a friend I used to babysit for years ago... so long ago the kids I used to babysit have kids now. :) She saw me with AJ, I smiled and said, "I actually have my own now!" It felt so good to say that! She was thrilled for us!
AJ's favorite way to sleep is wrapped up like a baby burrito. The tighter the better. We have found we need to wrap him up in two blankets because he can wiggle out of one and when he wiggles his hands out, he ends up hitting himself in the face and waking himself up.
Here's a little funny... Yesterday I dropped by my sister Kim's house. She has 2 darling girls ages 5 and 3. They adore their little cousin. Wakely the 5 year old was sitting by me while I was holding AJ, I glanced down at him and said, " Your eyes are getting heavy." Wakely looked at me and said, "Aunt Jill, you are holding his whole body, not just his eyes, how do you know its his eyes that are heavy?" Gotta love how literal kids are!

2 comments:
HE IS AMAZING!!!
what a beautiful baby!
good on you for swaddling.
I used to swaddle Simon within an inch of his life. I did that until he was almost 6 mos old.
but it sure did the trick.
it feels so great to welcome you to the mommy club.
talk to you soon.
love christy
Newborns are so much fun...most of the time! I am so happy and excited for you.
Carter only liked the ugly green binky too, but you can find blue ones at Wal Mart. Still ugly, but at least it's a different color!
Post a Comment