be happy





Summer

Summer

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready for Thanksgivng!

 












I had two of my nieces come over and help me get ready for Thanksgiving.  Grace helped watch my boys while I finished all of the little things I needed to get done before I could actually start preparing for Thanksgiving...such as writing a paper for the Families Alive Conference.  She was a GREAT help!

Maggs came over to actually help me make some things for Thanksgiving, we made little chocolate turkey favors to sit by each place setting and we also made drum sticks for all of the "kids" in high school and under.  Maggie thought the drumsticks were the best.  She was a WONDERFUL helper!

The night before Thanksgiving Kim and her family came over to help me decorate the tables, they looked FABULOUS!  I was excited for everyone to come the next day.  Wakely and Drew helped set the table, they decided it would be best if the cups were in a pattern one up, one down, one up... :)

Thanksgiving morning I went outside to retrieve the pumpkin pie I had purchased at Costco and left on top of the BBQ grill to stay chilled.  I was in for a bit of a surprise!  A raccoon had got into the pie!  We could see little paw prints.  I thought is was funny, Kurt wasn't that amused; pumpkin pie is his favorite and now we had no pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.  (I bought him another one a few days later and this time we put it in the fridge. :))

Thanksgiving was a great success!  I loved having everyone over to our home.  Hopefully it is an occasion that we will be repeated!

0 comments: