be happy





Summer

Summer

Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Grown-up home

We have been house hunting pretty much all summer. We have seen some wonderful homes and some I will not ever enter again! In July Dad Hislop introduced us to a home close to them that we really liked, but we didn't like the price and the owners were not ready to come down so we kept looking. About 2 weeks ago we went and looked at a home we had actually looked at in June, but it had come down in price since then. We REALLY liked both homes and had a VERY difficult time trying to decide. We went over and talked to the owners by my parents and they still did not want to come down very far, so after much thought and prayer we decided to put an offer in the home in Farr West. We put a low offer in thinking we would get a counter back and then we could take it to the owners of the other property and see if that made them a little more willing to come down in price. Well, they only upped our offer $5, 000! That made the house in Farr West VERY pleasing. We knew the other owners of the other property would not come down that low (Yes, I did go talk to them). So we thought and prayed some more and decided to accept their counter offer. We set the closing for October 12th.


This is both exciting and scary, this is DEFINITELY the most we have EVER spent on a home... this is a GROWN-UP home... you know the type you will raise your family in. It is beautiful and has many amenities. It has six bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a large room downstairs where I could run a pre-school. It has a 3 car garage, but one bay is double deep so I guess it's really a four car garage. It sits on .61 of an acre. It was built in 2007 and has sat empty for almost two years. The owner/builder got a can't pass up job offer in CA so it was only lived in for 6 weeks, so everything is basically brand new. We will be selling our rental and the home we currently live in so our payments won't be too horrendous. We will need to put in a yard, but the home is move-in ready.
So here's to buying a grown-up home! :)

4 comments:

Bryson and Alyssa said...

That's so awesome. What a beautiful grown up home!!! How funny that we're both moving into new homes within a month of each other! Congratulations to you guys :)

joyce said...

I LOVE it!! Congratulations on the big step!

Mommo said...

It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pictures. I am excited for you. I love that you will have a huge yard. Yippee!!

Emily said...

How fun! It's gorgeous on the outside, and I'm sure it is on the inside too! Congrats for you!